So feel free to let me know how you think I should write better, I'm open to all sorts of constructive suggestions. But we have received complains from users saying that problem occurred in Windows Update with the error code 0x80070422.
5) Please also make sure the Service status is set as Running. 1) On your keyboard, press Windows key and X at the same time, then choose Network Connections. 1) On your keyboard, hit Windows key and R at the same time. 2) Press N key on your keyboard to faster locate the Network List Service service from the list. 3) In the Startup type category, choose from the drop down menu Disable. PRO TIP: Problems with Windows Update could also be caused by faulty, outdated or missing network drivers.
2) Choose Network and Sharing Center on the right side of the pane. 4) Then make sure the Service status IS NOT Running. In such case, it is highly suggested that you update your network card driver to see if it helps.
3) Right click Windows Update and choose Properties.
4) Make sure the Startup type is selected as Automatic. 6) Please also make sure the following services are running: Bit Locker Drive Encryption Service DCOM Server Process Launcher Windows Firewall If their status is not Running, you can right click them and choose Start. 6) Restart your PC to see if this problem continues.
Option 1: Restart Windows Update Service Option 2: Disable IPv6 in Network Center Option 3: Disable Network List Service Note: You must be logged on as an administrator to perform the steps below.
1) On your keyboard, hit Windows key and R at the same time. 2) Press W key on your keyboard to faster locate Windows Update service from the list.Just ensure to delete “Download” and “Delivery Optimation”.) 6) Restart your PC and check to see if the error persist.If you are not sure how to perform a clean boot, see How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10. Hope what I write is actually helping you with whatever problem you're having now.:-) You may not know this, but what we do every day, is making things easier: we write articles that are easy to read; we write instructions easy to follow; we make complicated things easy to understand... The Wanna Cry ransomware broke out few weeks ago sure did tighten the nerve of every Windows user, and people have never put such high priority to updating the patches and updates from Microsoft.This error can be caused by faulty Windows Update settings.